Sunday, July 10, 2011

Kabuto Episode 1




Thusly begins, PROJECT: CULTURAL WHITEWASHING.

Otherwise know as unterribleing TV-N subs and making them into something the non mentally retarded can enjoy.

We begin with the show that got me into Toku, Kamen Rider Kabuto.

TV-N is off to a wonderful start with this show. In three separate occasion this episode, they translate "Clock Up" as "recovered", "move" and "grown up". Please do keep in mind that Clock Up was said in English all three times. Yeah.

Kabuto Script
01 http://www.mediafire.com/?sb2f0nu3fv43ev9

Kabuto mkv
01 http://www.megaupload.com/?d=32NA8Q7G

Kabuto avi
01 http://www.mediafire.com/?0ef6qkn1ip3tic1

13 comments:

  1. Wow, I never noticed that. Never really paid attention to the subs when English is being spoken.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You took my thunder and did a better job at it. ;-;

    But, I shouldn't complain about more fixin' up of toku subs. In fact, now I can have better quality of one of the few Rider series I liked to watch random episodes of from time to time. In video quality, and now translation, I suppose. Thanks for this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honestly though, all of these not Stronger releases are making me really want some Stronger.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to get Stronger out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So I just decided to watch this overlayed with TV-Nihon's version and... Where were the 3 instances of "Clock Up" not showing correctly? The translation itself otherwise seemed identical except for some minor grammar, and two other instances...

    Not that I'm trying to be negative. If you guys want to re-translate it, good on you for whoever wants to download it. Just throwing in my two cents from watching it side-by-side.

    ReplyDelete
  6. TVN redid their translation for the first episode, and only the first episode. We used the old episode as a base, and the old episode is still in all their batch torrents.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I watched TV-N's Kabuto and I don't remember them every mistranslating Clock Up (because you'd have to literally be dumber than a rock to do that). Maybe I downloaded like a later version? They are prone to having like AT LEAST three different translations from three different people these days.

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is so dumb just sub something that have not been sub

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will not read this but I have to call you a dimwit anyway. What a stupid, idiotic poorly articulate comment.

      Delete
  9. DVD rips, probably the best condition you can get from them too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete